Have you adopted a social selling strategy within your organisation? If not these statistics show some of the success your team could be seeing.
A mere 7% of professionals indicated that social selling was a priority for their sales organisation. - Hubspot State of Inbound Report 2015
According the 2015 State of Inbound Sales report, a whopping 93% of organisations don’t see social selling as a priority for their sales team.
This may be for a number of reasons; many organisations are still unsure of social selling value, often lack the time to invest, and frequently don’t know where to start.
But with social selling such a crucial part of the Inbound Sales Methodology; helping to build lead relationships, trust, thought leadership and brand awareness, it’s wise to consider it as a new priority sales action.
Reasons You Should be Social Selling
Need a few quick reasons to boost your social selling strategy? Statistics show:
- 55% of buyers do all their research using social networks - IBM
- 77% of B2B buyers said they would not speak to a salesperson until they had done their own research - Corporate Executive Board
- 86% of consumers buying IT products use social media to help them reach a buying decision - Advertising Age
- Over 70% of B2B purchase decision makers use social media to help them decide - Dell
- 57% of the selling process is completed for consumers before a company has the chance to interact with them - Corporate Executive Board
- By the time a salesperson becomes involved, up to 90% of the sales process may have been completed - Forrester
- Cold calling, an outbound sales tactic, only has a 2.5% success rate - Keller Research Center
Social selling essentially involves building relationships with prospects on social media - so what better place to do so than on LinkedIn? Today’s buyers are more knowledgeable than ever before about the products/ services they want to purchase - before sales becomes involved in the conversation. What better time to be part of that research process through social selling?
55% of buyers do all their research using social networks - IBM
Social Selling on LinkedIn
LinkedIn is 277% more effective for lead generation than Facebook and Twitter - HubSpot
Thanks to LinkedIn’s professional nature and advanced search features, it’s easy to identify good fit prospects (filtering by company size, job titles, turnover etc.) reach out, connect, and share appropriate advice and content.
Why else should you be social selling on LinkedIn? Because:
- 98% of sales reps with more than 500 LinkedIn connections meet or surpass quota - Sales Benchmark Index.
- 62% of sales people who do not use social selling miss their quotas - The Aberdeen Group
- 64% of sales teams who use inbound social selling reach their sales quotas compared to 49% who do not use social selling techniques - The Aberdeen Group
- 78% of salespeople using social media perform better than their peers - Forbes
- IBM have increased their sales by 400%, using an inbound social selling program
Developing a successful online social dialogue with prospects will not only position you as an expert in your field, but will also provide opportunities to close sales in the final stages of the sales process. Time to consider your social selling business case!
64% of sales teams who use inbound social selling reach their sales quotas compared to 49% who do not use social selling techniques - The Aberdeen Group